Thursday 22 March 2007

Blogging is a new thing for me....

This is the first blog I have ever done and in it I will try to get all my experiences, knowledge (or lack of it) of wargaming and life generally. Paul Robinson of the Grimsby Wargames Society has done an excellent blog for some time now, nearly a year in fact and admit myself that I enjoy reading his sometimes. I only hope I can do as good as job as writing down my thoughts and publishing it as well as he has. His blog is at http://grimsbywargaming.blogspot.com and is well worth a read. Paul is a long standing member of the Grimsby Wargames Society and a highly experienced wargamer.

I went to the club today to drop by and see the lads who are usually playing Star Trek CCG on thursday nights. To my surprise Joe Dunn was there too. When i emailed him last night he said he probably wouldn't get to the club tonight as he was only allowed out once a week :) I then discussed arrangements with him to go to the Triples wargaming show at sheffield this saturday. Mark Alcock is going with us too. Andy Hamilton is going in his own car straight to the university at sheffield and meeting him there. We will be going to meadowhall before taking a tram to the uni. I've been looking forward to this for a few weeks and not been to triples for years. Might even take my camera. Some of the other lads were playing a 20mm WW2 game using the Rapid Fire! rules. I would like to point out at this time that the Original Rapid Fire! rules were developed and playtested at our club and were in fact based on our club rules. However, that only applies to the Original 1st Edition Rules published in 1994, not recently.
Off to get a few things done now. Have some more people to email regarding the main Grimsby Wargames Society Website. Might even get a good night's sleep.

1 comment:

marinergrim said...

Hi Jason welcome to the bloggosphere.

Reivers at the club are all Vendel figures. they do packs of differnet sized families to suit your budget. most fmilies at the club are 12-14 figures with 2 or 3 mounted. but it really doesn't matter that much how big your family is since most scenarios alow for variation in size.

Other makers are Outpost wargames & Monolith (sculpted by Jim Bowen and very nice too).

My advice would be on the Vendel list to go for the Robsons or Charltons (8 foot & 2 horse each) at £10 per pack - if you buy both it seems to be cheaper than the Maxwells at 16 foot & 4 horse (don't understand that!).