Tuesday 1 January 2008

Happy New Year 2008

Happy New Year to you all. For us lads I thought I'd post a picture of some gorgeous girl near some military equipment but couldn't find one. Settled for this beauty instead (left), one of the gorgeous Hooters girls.

I will certainly be paying more attention to those girls from now on. You can find more of them here:
http://www.hooterscalendar.com/ and here :
http://www.hootersmagazine.com/

Well, us wargamers do like models, don't we?


For a quick recap of 2007:


The website was revamped and then revamped again. New Galleries were then added which meant that all members could upload to the website in their own time all their own photos. I've still got loads to upload there myself.

This blog was started just before the Triples show in March and it will continue for many years to come I hope.

My photography I think has improved considerably in the past year. It's not perfect by any means but I'd be lost without a tripod. Unlike Paul Robinson who seems to be able to take decent photos without a tripod, as he probably has a steady hand, I find a tripod makes for clearer steadier photos. Just to show some improvement in pics:

Taken during early March at an ancients game at the club.

Taken at the end of November 2007, 15mm Seven Years War figures. This photo was one of the photos that misbehaved at the beginning of December 2007 due to an issue with blogger.

Managed to attend 3 wargames shows in 2007 those being Triples, Partizan 1 in May 2007 and Durham Wargames Group Annual Show in June 2007.
Some of my Triples photos ended up on the Falkirk Wargames Club website. My WW2 photos ended up on the website of Steve Spence, a former member of the club, of my photos of his demo game at the Durham Wargames Group show.

Still developing my artistic eye, which is an ongoing thing.

As for my aims for 2008, watch this space soon. Whatever you do this year, whether it be a new painting or terrain project, playing a different period to a period you normally would play, remember that whether you win or lose, the most important thing to do is to enjoy yourself, have fun and have a laugh doing it.

Best Wishes for 2008.

No comments: