Tuesday 25 January 2011

Belated Happy New Year!: No Surrender, No Retreat

Me as Santa in the Grimsby Post 6th Jan 2011

A very late Happy New Year to you all and wish you to have lots of fun in your gaming this year.

The picture left is a clipping from my local free paper the “Grimsby Post” dated 6th January 2011 which shows a photo of me dressed in a Santa Suit for the New Years Day 10K (6.2 miles) run at Cleethorpes. I completed the run in 1 hour 4 minutes and 17 secs. Thought it would be fun to do in a Santa Suit. It was but extremely hot. Read the full results of the Cleethorpes New Years Day 10K here

In the past year apart from taking up running 3 times a week and participating in Fun Runs, which also put me in the Telegraph, I joined one of the local Athletics Clubs.

After 8 years and 7 months from January 2002 to the end of July 2010 – quite a long time – my website ceased becoming known as the Grimsby Wargames Society Official Website. During that period the Grimsby Wargames Society Official Website which promoted the club, club premises and its members, with all its hosting and other associated costs, personally cost me a lot of money. At the end of July 2010 club member Malcolm Johnston’s website became known as the Grimsby Wargames Society Official Website.

There have been some items in the news recently on issues close to my heart that have partly inspired me to do some things I have always wanted to do. This year I have therefore decided to go after those things and other issues that have been bothering me for quite some time. I have been just been holding out for years and can do so no longer. The strategic withdrawal is over. No Surrender, No Retreat.

The only running I intend to be doing this year is in more Fun Runs and in some competitive running such as cross country runs and intend to do at least 1 half marathon before the end of the year. Fun Runs and Marathon's, half or full, would of course be for charity.

On a lighter note if you’re going to wear something on your head this year, let it be a Stetson. Stetsons are cool!

The video below is one of my favourite band’s tracks: “This is War” by 30 Seconds to Mars….

No comments: