Monday 20 February 2012

Silence Will Fall

Before I begin I would like to thank you all for still following this blog – including the actual followers of this blog - despite the lack of recent posts. I read the stats and it is great to know there are people out there still interested in reading it.

It’s 2012 and time for a fresh start! Some of you may have noticed that the appearance of this blog has changed. Soon it will undergo a more thorough overhaul while I weed out links to people who are not linking to me, make a few more changes to the sidebars and much more.

Another change, as you may also have observed, relates to content. The type of content will also be different though all wargames shows I go to will always appear on here. For the past year and a bit there has been no content from games at the Grimsby Wargames Society and it will stay that way for the foreseeable future. The reasons for that will be explained in posts between this post and Easter 2012 as I have chosen not to go to the club anymore. Once those reasons are explained it shall be become clearer as to why and I would hope most readers would find my choice understandable.

Since my previous post I have been doing a lot of running – though thats not why I havent been to the Grimsby Wargames Society – and actually ran and completed in 4 half marathons, the latest half marathon being at Sleaford on February 19th 2012. At the beginning of December 2011 I began my training for my first full marathon, the Hull Marathon, which I am running for charity at Easter 2012. As this blog is a wargaming blog I will try not to bore you with all the details but I have set up a blog about my running and training for my first marathon which can be found at http://runforenjoyment.blogspot.com

Season 6 of Doctor Who was excellent last year and thoroughly enjoyed the Christmas Special also. It just keeps getting better!

What have I done wargames wise? Not much to be honest. Bought myself a copy of the Black Powder rules which I am due to start reading to understand the rules. Acquired 2 packs from Pendraken Miniatures namely the sci-fi 10mm packs of the Aliens and Marines at £12 a pack to be painted soon. These were bought at the York show, Vapnartak, at which I did my usual trick of taking photos of games. Some of the photos I took from each game will be appearing on here with the rest of them going towards my latest wargames project. Details of that will also be appearing on here soon.

Once again, I thank you for all your support over the years.

Jason

No comments: