Tuesday 24 July 2007

Special Delivery

The original Star Wars has been 30 years old weekend just gone. Found a trailer on youtube for the Star Wars Special Edition films which came to the cinema in 1997 - its 20th Anniversary. In the Special Edition movies Lucas remastered, cleaned them up, added some deleted scenes, added new music for some bits and redid the special effects. I've got the SE versions on DVD, which I also watched at the cinema. That is I've got on DVD the SE versions of A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. What is not so well known is that I have the original Return of the Jedi Theatrical version on VHS dating back to the end of the 80's. Might be worth something but keeping it for now. I liked the little tune at the end sang by the Ewoks. You don't get that in SE.
The youtube trailer for Star Wars Special Edition is below. May the force be with you.

No comments: