Friday 26 June 2009

Michael Jackson R.I.P.

As a Michael Jackson fan I was surprised to hear the news yesterday that Michael Jackson had died although there had been some conflicting reports beforehand suggesting that he may have been in a coma when going into hospital. Eventually it was confirmed that he had died. I was watching BBC News 24 at the time just before midnight when the BBC was talking to various people who knew Michael including Uri Geller.

Whatever people think of Michael, it was his music he was best at and he was a musician after all. Having been a fan for years buying his albums on CD and tape etc. There are still many of his songs that I like and can't decide which one I like the best because I think they were all good.
There are very few people who hadn't heard of him. Unfortunately I had never been to a concert but liked listening to his songs and those fantastic music videos he did.

The only Michael Jackson album I have got at the moment is Blood on the Dance Floor: History in the Mix which goes back to 1997 and its on tape! Still think his best music was done in the 80's.

To give you an idea which songs I like, here's a shortlist (in no particular order):
Thriller, Earth Song, Heal the World, Bad, Beat it, Billie Jean, Don't stop till you get enough, Black or White, You are not alone, History, Smooth Criminal and many more.

To follow the BBC coverage follow this link:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8119993.stm

Wanted to put one of his songs from Youtube from his official channel but they can't be viewed on there in the UK so tracked down another one instead. Here is Michael Jackson live in 1996:



May he rest in peace.

No comments: