Tuesday 3 June 2008

Partizan 2008: Crossing of the Boyne 1690 (Battle of the Boyne)

My favourite game of the entire show and probably the best photos I produced of the entire show put on by The League of Augsburg. I believe I spoke to David Imrie at the time. Didn't catch his surname when talking to him. Lent Dave my mini bendy tripod so that he could take photos of his game while I took some more of mine. Unfortunately did not get a chance to talk to Barry Hilton who was also putting on the game. The game used Barry's "Beneath the Lily Banners" rules. Barry has also written for the excellent Battlegames Magazine.
Their leaflet at the show stated to the effect that The Battle of the Boyne had been misrepresented throughout history as the actual facts were somewhat different.

Since the show I have looked at the League of Augsburg website. It is excellent with loads of great photos. There are photos of past demo games on there which I now regret missing so will be paying more attention to the LOA boys in future.

To close my coverage of Partizan, here are my photos of the League of Augsburg's "Battle of the Boyne". Hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed taking them.

























2 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

Wonderful photos . . . looks like a fantastic game.


-- Jeff

Andrew said...

I'm impressed that all those guys were cut in half (wading in the water)! There's not much future use for them if you don't have a river on the table!